Saturday, June 24, 2006

Tapanappa to Balquhidder

So well before my alarm went off at 5.50am Sunday morning I had decided not to go. Yes, it's true, perhaps I shouldn't have drank what I did the night before, but those effects were long gone. I was sick. Last night having a shower before going out, I felt the first signs of my body fighting an infection. Mmm. Yay. Not. But it would be the first time I have been sick this year, and for quite some months before that too. So when I woke, or kept waking, hot, cold, too hot etc, muscles aching and my throat sore, I dreamt I was walking and it was all good. But then I would awake, cold, sore. Recalling that I am actually doing these Heysen walks for fun, I decided not to go. I could imagine walking today when I was really sore and had a thumping headache. I didn't want to take that risk. So I slept another 5 hours. With the help of that 5am nurofen, my headache was largely gone, and I felt quite good, the muscle soreness and throat had subsided somewhat. So then I regretted not going! But now, here, writing this at 1pm on Sunday arvo, I am feeling quite sore and tired just doing this. True, I'm not that sick at all, and the alcohol wouldn't have helped, or the 5am, always a hard time to try to work out if you feel alright to walk that day.

No comments: