Saturday, May 24, 2008

The moments that take your breath away

"Life isn't measured in the breaths you take, but in the moments that take your breath away."

Inman Valley to Myponga
Southern Guidebook, Maps 2.3-2.4

That was a quote I read this week, which suited today's walk. I don't know why I didn't expect much, but this walk was quite impressive. The views from Sugarloaf Hill were breathtaking - at first literally as I climbed up the hill, then I looked up to notice this!


View from Sugarloaf Hill

Myponga Conservation Park was equally cool to walk through. I had left my car near Myponga, and rode my bike back to Inman Valley. I really good ride too, flat-steep-undulating-downhill. Got some amazing speeds coming back down.



View photos as full screen slideshow



Stats:
  • Distance: 12km + 4km
  • Start time: 9.27am
  • End time: 1.13pm
  • Moving duration: 2h 38m
  • Stationary duration: 1h 0m
  • Moving average: 4.6km/h
  • Overall average: 3.3km/h
  • Max speed: 13.4km/h

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you like the area around Myponga. I grew up there, and my mum came from Inman Valley. It is a refreshing place. One of the nicest in God's grand Universe. Cheers!